Medina County CVB - Convention and Visitors Bureau
32 Public Square in Medina's Square, Medina, OH 44256
Medina County is a well worthwhile area to visit. Most of the communities within the county have a town square, gazebo and authentic Victorian buildings encircling the square. Some of the area’s attributes that have put Medina County on the nationwide map are: some of the finest, best preserved Victorian architecture; an internationally famous candle making facility, A. I. Root and a strong economic base.
Each of the communities within the county have their own signature events.
- Valley City, also known as the Frog Jumping Capital of Ohio, boasts its annual frog jump contest.
- Stop by Wadsworth for the Blue Tip Festival, and see one of the longest parades in Ohio and world’s tallest match.
- Buzzard Day in Hinckley marks the return of the buzzards for the summer season, and they always show up. This unique community festival also features crafts, its famous pancake breakfast and is a fun-packed day for all ages.
- The Medina County Fair is one of the area’s largest annual attractions with several acres of games, rides, ethnic foods and top entertainment.
- Brunswick’s Old Fashioned Days captures the spirit of days gone by with excellent eats, handmade country crafts and more.
- The entire village of Lodi participates in their annual Sweet Corn Festival which makes this event truly a community effort.
While visiting Medina County, take in an old-fashioned band concert in Medina’s public square on a June or July Friday evening, or if it’s chilly weather you prefer, visit the Square for the Medina Ice Festival. Tour historic churches and historical society homes. Outdoor adventurers can hike to Worden’s Ledges to see the intricate stone carvings of Noble Stuart. Golf enthusiasts can enjoy some of Ohio’s finest and most scenic championship courses scattered throughout the county. This charming county has loads of apple farms, ostrich and alpaca farms, several lovely garden centers, specialty shops with handmade and Amish furniture and crafts, antique stores, fascinating eating establishments and many monthly festivities.
Each year, Medina County features its annual Fall Foliage Tour with many of the area farms, parks, historical societies and shops participating to provide a superb tour. In the past, this two-day event has featured such stops as a llama farm, buffalo roast, cattle and horse farms, a Christmas tree farm, and the Chatham Apple Butter Festival. The drive itself takes visitors through picturesque, rolling hills and rich farmland to provide a panoramic view of the county in all of its fall splendor.